Our Mission Statement
Nurturing and celebrating creativity and community well-being through art.
- The Mangawhai Artists Association began in 2002 and was headed by Joy Agar and Sue Blinco. Local artists staged an annual art trail in conjunction with the Mangawhai Walking Weekend held in early autumn. Since then the group has evolved into a much larger group run by a committee of volunteers, and is now registered as an Incorporated Society with a current membership of around 150 in 2018.
- We have continued to hold an art trail each year, for two days over Easter Weekend.
- We have established our own gallery in the centre of Mangawhai Village at 45 Moir Street, Mangawhai, where we hold exhibitions of members' work, and conduct highly successful teaching workshops (Learning Opportunities). Currently our exhibition season is October to May, and our Learning Opportunities season is June to September.
- In conjunction with the Dargaville Arts Association we also host the annual Kaipara Art Awards.
- We have established a website which promotes the group’s activities and allows each member to have their own web page, and a Facebook page which keeps members up-to-date on a daily basis..
- Our intention is to fully support the artistic community throughout the year in various ongoing events and to help promote Mangawhai as a vibrant artistic region.
- Our group represents a wide range of artists from the professional level to the hobby painter. It is our intention to promote each and every individual to their chosen level, whilst also providing a supportive technical and social network.
- We welcome new members - click here to fill in a Membership Application online.